Josh has tagged me for the Eight Random Things meme. I love memes - because, as you know, it's all about me.
1. I have a paper fixation. I love paper. I even - I can barely type the words - scrapbook. Oh man, that makes me sound like a middle-aged soccer mom (not that there's anything wrong with that). See, this is why I have many tattoos - to offset the spinster, scrapbooking, cat-owning librarian thing I have going on.
2. To the best of my knowledge, I still hold the girl's bench-press record at my former high school - 185 pounds.
3. I have 20/20 vision - though the amount of time I spend on the computer has given me eye strain.
4. I am giving my first conference talk in two weeks. I fluctuate between being relaxed about it and scared to death.
5. I almost attended culinary school after high school. Sometimes I think maybe I should have.
6. I attended more that 20 Barenaked Ladies concerts in 18 months with my best friend, Kris. We became such a fixture after the shows that on one occasion when we almost missed them before they boarded the bus, the head security guy said, "Ladies, we've been waiting for you."
7. Just about every guy I dated in high school was a major gear-head; I have helped rebuild an engine more than once.
8. I don't drink, and I've never (not even once) been drunk - and most people think that's very, very weird (especially because I'm not a Mormon or anything).
9. Bonus (with a wink to Michael Casey): I like to go to IKEA mostly so that I can have those meatballs for lunch in their cafeteria.
Jason, Michael, Jessamyn, Kaijsa, Erica, Ms. Feel-good, Megan, and Lisa - you're it! (With apologies to anyone already tagged....)