Saturday, May 20, 2006

Did I say that?

OK, I may be changing my mind - again.

After spending more time than I wanted to trying to set up the new WordPress version of this blog, I have decided to keep it as is, but move it onto my server.

Sigh. I am one of those people that do not think that software upgrades are always a good thing. Case in point: the theme that I use for my libraryland blog, which runs like a champ on WP 2.0.1, does not seems to work (completely) on the newest upgrade, 2.0.2. I am no code guru, believe me, but there are basic functions that I simply could not get to work properly under the new software. Unfortunately, my server/service provider, which has WP integrated, only gave me the option of using the newest version of WP for the new blog (luckily, I don't HAVE to upgrade the libraryland blog - and I didn't just for this very reason). So, there goes my vision of having all my blogs using the same theme (in different colors) creating a somewhat "standard" look (unless I can get the theme designer to help with my bugs - but I doubt it).

At any rate, I'll keep you posted - I'll either find a way to fix the bugs, or I'll just move this blog and let you know what the new URL is.

No comments: