Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Yay!

Well, I got the job - I am now the new Community Services Librarian for the City of East Providence. I can't even believe it.

It's funny that this happened right after I redesigned my webpage and blog in anticipation of really trying to make my side business lucrative. Oh, well, now I have a nicer site and the added experience of coding the page. And, I expect that after I get settled and get a clue at my new job, I will still be able to pursue some side-work. I still have dreams of owning my own business at some point and working for myself exclusively....

I still plan to get libraryland back up and running at some point. I just started the design process for that, and I'll either have to get it going before the first of February, or put it on the back burner until early summer (unless I pick up my job skills quickly and find that I am not real stressed).

In the meantime, I will have fresh library goings on to write about! That's actually a pretty exciting prospect for me - I think this job will be interesting because of the community outreach component. I'd love to here from other librarians who do this type of work - I may need all the help I can get.

No comments: