Saturday, August 06, 2005

A Book Post

Came across this blog while randomly surfing - if you are into the publishing side of books, it looks interesting.

Since I have been entrusted to purchase the Young Adult fiction, I thought it might be a good idea to read some (I missed YA fiction altogether as a teen - went from The Secret Garden straight into Rita Mae Brown's Rubyfruit Jungle at age 12). I picked up Shut the Door and read the bulk of it last night. Wow. This is not your mom's YA fiction. I disagree with the PW's review, or, should I say, think they missed the point - I think it's supposed to be emotionally flat in places - Harry is emotionally flat. At any rate, YA or not, it's quite a piece of work from a young girl - makes me wish I had talent. Pick it up if you get a chance.

No comments: